Thursday, March 16, 2017

Two Hearts Wedding Congratulations


Recently a friend of mine shared her happy news of her impending nuptials.  We are so happy for her and her intended as they look forward to a happy future together.  I wanted to play along with the CAS-ual Fridays’ challenge Off the Edge and used their inspiring Heartbeats and Love Notes stamp sets along with the Fri-die Double Notes.

 
I wanted to craft a multi-hued background and decided to play around with All Purpose Inks (API) and shaving cream to create a swirled background.  First I squirted a small amount of white foam shaving cream on my craft mat (less is better) and then added drops of API with a toothpick. I used Thistle, Sky Mist, and Platinum API.  A little goes a long way when working with API!  I used another toothpick to create the swirled pattern and laid a piece of Strathmore watercolor paper over the top.  After I removed the paper, I used a squeegee to take off the excess shaving cream and ink.  (I repeated these steps with a few more pieces of watercolor paper before cleaning up, I now have these for future projects.) 

The Love Notes music staff was stamped in Delicata Black Shimmer on Canson Silver metallic paper and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Using a stamp positioner (We R Precision Press) helped to get it in just the right place.  I repeated the stamping process on the swirled paper.  The sentiments from Heartbeats were added to completed the design.

The Double Notes Fri-Die was die cut three times from watercolor paper and once from the Canson Silver Metallic paper.  The layers are adhered together with On Point Glue and the edges are inked with Delicata Black Shimmer and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  All the layers are adhered together on an A2 size card base.  I am really pleased with the finished card!

I am delighted to enter the following challenges:




2 comments:

  1. I was on my way to look at your Retro Rubber card up close when I got distracted into looking at this card. Fabulous background! It suits those music/love stamps and dies really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card thanks for doing us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!