Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Pi Day!


It’s Pi Day!  My husband was really excited . . . he loves it when I make him pies. He convinced me that Sunday was pie day and he got his wish.  He special favorite is Huckleberry pie, but alas there are no Huckleberries this time of year and I didn’t have any in the freezer.  So, he had to settle for a streusel topped apple pie, his second favorite.  I know this pie wouldn’t win any beauty baking contests, but it is really delicious and made from apples that grew in our front yard last summer.  Yeah for freezing apples to bake with! 



In actuality I told him because I wanted to make a card that celebrated Pi day for Imagine Artist in Residence.  Being a science (and sometimes) math geek, it just made sense! 



To create the resist Pi symbol I found and image on the internet and printed it.  The image was traced with Versa Marker using a light box.  Clear embossing powder was added and the process was repeated until the image was covered.  Memento in Dandelion, Lilac Posies and Teal Zeal were sponged onto the card using an Ink Blusher.  The sentiments “Sweet” and as are from a very old set of sentiments by Dream Ink.  The “as” is from another word with the rest of the word masked while the stamp was inked.  The numbers are from a Hero Arts set from 1991, Dot Number set.  The sentiment and numbers are stamped in StazOn Jet Black so they would stamp over the embossed areas. 

Imagine:

Other
White cardstock
Dream Ink sentiments
Hero Arts Dot Number Set

A few challenges for this card!
Rubber Dance Blog March Color Challenge  (I really like this color combo . . . second post today!)
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors. I love the simplicity of your card and the sentiment is just too cool! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Spring Fever with Sponging.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fun and appeals to the scientist in me. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever piece, Neva! Who knew that the Numbers challenge coincided with Pi Day! Love your creativity! Thanks so much for joining us here at Creative Carte Blanche!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much! Isn't Pi(e) Day so fun! Fabulous card. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, cute pi-card. Love it. Tfs and for joining us at PIO challenge: humor/ plaid. Good luck

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!