Saturday, March 4, 2017

Pet Sympathy card


A dear friend of our lost his beloved Doberman Pincher this week, so I sat down to create a pet themed sympathy card.  To jump start the creativity I decided to play along with a few challenges.



I started with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and kept the design clean and simple.  To stamp around the edges of the card base used Versa Fine Sepia and Stampology Ink Bone.  The next layer is Coordinations cardstock pressure embossed with Darice Paw Prints then sanded to make the design pop.  The hand-cut banner is a scrap from this project and is stamped with Great Impressions “So Sorry for your loss” sentiment.  A Quickutz mini heart die cut is the final touch to the front of the card.  The inside of the card has two more Quickutz mini hearts and a sentiment of unknown origin. 



Thanks for stopping by! In honor of all the fun goings on I’ve decided to offer a bit of blog candy to my loyal readers and followers.  I will draw a name at the end of March from my followers who comment on any of my posts by March 31st.  Click either method to the left to become a follower or follow Snippets of Time via email.  I have a few things in my stash that need new homes, both new and gently used.  So, hang out with me during March, follow the blog, and comment on your favorite blog posts. 

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card for such a sad occasion, losing a beloved pet is like losing a family member. I'm sure your friend will appreciate this lovely gesture.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Moments.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect and sure to be very appreciated. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! And how true is that sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, very elegant card! Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Stampavie and More!

    Hugs, Marja
    Stampavie and More DT
    http://tahrojakuviopaperilla.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!