Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Vintage Lace for Retro Rubber Blog Challenge 15

For the next two weeks the theme at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge is to create a vintage feel card and/or incorporate lace.  There are many ways to interpret this challenge and I choose the Retro Rubber stamp version myself!


 I have had this lacey frame image set for a very long time, probably since the late 1990's to early 2000's, and I am not sure if I have ever used it!  I purchased it unmounted at a rubber stamp convention and unfortunately do not recall the manufacturer.  The stitched frame is by Great Impressions purchased around 1997.  The baby toys are Peddler's Pack, a local Oregon stamp manufacturer, and some images are still available even though I purchased them in 1997 to make baby shower invites for my niece!  The sentiment barely qualifies as Retro, but it is Technique Tuesday's Happy set.



All the images are stamped in Tsukeniko Memento Tuxedo black.  The stitched frame is stamped first, far enough from the edge of the card to accommodate the lace frame images.  The lace edge and corner was stamped with Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black on clear acrylic sheets using the stamp positioner.  Careful stamping and masking created the lace frame.  Then the baby toys were stamped into their positions.  After I was satisfied with the design of the card I folded and trimmed it to size.



The background is colored with EK Success craft chalks which allowed for easy shading especially with the lace frame.  The toys were colored with Chameleon pens:  YL3 Summer Sun, OR4 Seville Orange, RD4 Crimson Red, BL3 Sky Blue, PK3 Bubblegum, BR2 Hot Cocoa, YG3 Spring Meadow.  To add the finishing touches the booties have added flocking around the cuffs from a Recollections set of flocking, and several toys and the hearts have glossy accents added with Ranger Inkssentials.

The die cut background for "happy" is cut from white velvet paper and chalked the match the color of the frame.  The inner "happy" is die cut and chalked in yellow.  The "new baby" is stamped in Tsukineko Memento Luxe Pear Tart and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Come join the fun at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge and show us what you can create using vintage lace!  The rules are simple:  follow the current theme AND use your retro rubber (more than a year old).

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:


7 comments:

  1. Wow, Neva! I really liked the card with all of its details, but now that I have read your post, it is even precious! Lots of time and effort will certainly allow this card to be kept until it is truly vintage... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neva, this card is incredible! So much love went into this card and it shows! I love the coloring and the stamped images are absolutely precious!! Love, love, love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! First it took me a while to figure out that the frame was "lace", second - once I knew that, I thought it was just a single stamp for the lace frame. Third - I read your post and found out differently! This is a really cool card - very intricate! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling baby card. Great soft colors and images. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super sweet! Love those colors for a baby card. Well done!
    Mahalo for joining our sew cute challenge at KBD Aloha Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
    /Pillan, DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!