Monday, April 27, 2015

OWL-Ways thinking about You


This is the second of two cards I created on Sunday afternoon when I needed to just play and relax!  I have purchased some fun new stamps and dies from Hero Arts, and wanted to make a few Operation Write Home cards. 



This sketch is from Just Add Ink, and was super fun to work with.  This paper is from SEI’s En Route paper line, and came from my “card kit” paper scraps from completed scrapbook layouts.  Since they are scraps, not all of the actual names of the individual sheets are known.  I was able to make 2 coordinating cards from the leftover scraps of one layout.  Yeah!

The images are from Hero Arts Missing You and the matching Frame cuts.  The Owl was stamped in Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored with Chameleon Pens.  I used Bisque NU1, Cool Gray CG8 and Warm Sunset YO3.  I first flicked a few pen lines into the areas to give a sense of feathers.  The sentiment is stamped in Tsukineko Memento Luxe   Rich Cocoa and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Spellbinders Standard Circles Large is the circle die cut.  The owl image needed a little “grounding”, so I die cut a branch using Quickutz Wildflower die and a creative trimming.  The banner is hand cut.  All the layers were inked with Tsukineko Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa before the card was adhered together.

This card is entered into the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous and wonderful card Neva thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz on this week's challenge
    Dianne x
    CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun card, thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Neva and thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week for our challenge
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable, Neva. So happy that you make card for OWH. I want to thank you for playing along in our "Things with Wings" challenge at Aud Sentiments this fortnight. Good luck and I hope you'll come and play again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a catchie sentiment - such fun and I love owls too. Great card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments in our 'Things that fly' challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope we'll see you again soon. Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card, Neva. Love how you've coloured your cute little owl. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink. Hope to see you playing again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute owl! Delightful card! So glad you were inspired to join Cuttin' and Stampin's Critters challenge!
    Hugs, Debbie
    Design Team

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!