Thursday, February 5, 2015

Throw Back Thursday Woven Valentine


Unbelievably, this Valentine was created with scissors, an Xacto blade, and a hole punch!

Created in 2000

The heart outline was cut with a pair of scalloped Fiskar decorative scissors then the holes were hand punched.  The inside of the heart was cut out with an Xacto blade.  The woven red card stock is cut with the same scalloped decorative scissors and then woven with straight cut white card stock, and adhered to the scalloped heart die cut.  The large white heart card base is also hand cut.  I made several of these and kept one for my archive files.  Now we have all kinds of ways to cut and punch paper.   

I hope you have enjoyed this little blast to the past!  It has inspired me to do a little more paper weaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!