Thursday, January 15, 2015

TBT Crossroads Layout


One project every scrapbooker should consider creating for herself (himself too) is an “All About Me” album.  We so often scrap our loved ones, and often do not even end up in the photos.  I hope you make a concentrated effort to be in the photos of an event, I hand the camera to one of the kids so quality sometimes isn’t great!

This layout is done for a 11” x 8 ½” landscape style Pioneer album.  It was a prize at a crop and has a purple cover, which just happens to be my favorite color.  When I started on my All About Me album I tried to locate additional page protectors, but was not able to purchase any more.  So this will be a small album, I have a few more layouts to complete the album.


Crossroads 4/2009


Created in spring of 2009 for a challenge on a private forum, the theme of the layout is Crossroads.  It details the crossroad of being a long-time single woman to marrying my husband at 45.  This was a major, but much welcomed change in my life.  Just 6 months after I completed the layout, our family changed dramatically with the adoption of our two boys.   Our blog, Journey of Joy, chronicles the process and the first months the boys were home. 

The card stock is My Mind’s Eye 29th Street collection.  I layered pre-made flowers and added jeweled centers and leaves.  Along the bottom edge I punched paper with Fiskars edger punch and added a bit of sheer ribbon.  The titles are die cut with Quickutz Ginger font.  Our wedding photo was printed at specialty photo printer that allowed you to add digital frames.  This was before I learned how to do it on my own with PhotoShop Elements.  

Enjoy, and go create something that is ALL ABOUT YOU!

1 comment:

  1. This LO blew me away (not easy to do at my size)! Seriously, you did a marvelous job. Gorgeous wedding gown, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!