Sunday, April 6, 2014

Enjoying the process again!

Found my creative mojo and had some fun with it this weekend!  I am taking a class online to refine my style, and thought about how I generally scrap.  Most of the time I scrap chronologically, that's just how my left-brained self functions.  I keep a Excel spreadsheet of the events I want to scrap with an occasional layout devoted to a topic and not a specific event.

I was having a hard time planning a layout for these photos, but then it came to me that this was not about the event or day, but more about the relationship my children have with one another and how it just happened to show up on one day that we spent together.

There are three versions, one for each kid with a slightly different focal photo.




Since I wanted to three similar layouts I started with Scrapping Creations Power Pad that I recieved at a CKC several years ago.  The colors worked well for the photos and I had a variety of patterned papers to work with.  The bracket is a Spellbinders Grand Label Four, the largest cut in half, the red ribbon is Sizzix edger die backed with white paper.  The shadow from Quickutz's Frankie font finished off the layout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!