Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My life is hectic . . . would be an understatement.  Yet I need to find time to craft as it brings joy to my life.  My boys love their scrapbooks, my husband wants me to make cards for special occasions, and I truly simply enjoy playing with paper, ink, stamps, dies, etc.!

I made time over the weekend to make a few new things for National scrapbook day.  My output was not huge, but I am glad I did sit down and do a few things!  

 The first was a card using the scraps from a layout using Echo Park Little Boy.  Happy Birthday is a stamp from a collection by Boxer, which sadly is out of business.  The Superstar is a stamp from Autumn Leaves, I used a small piece of tape to avoid inking up the "kid" part of the stamp.  The oval window was made by running the entire card through my Grand Calibur using several sizes of Classic ovals and petite ovals.

Next I put together a layout by using a sketch (loosely) that was a challenge from Big Pictures Scrapbooking. I used  Echo Park About a Boy collection along with Bazzill matching card stock purchased from Embellish It! at the last Creating Keepsakes Convention.  I really like how the colors compliment the photos of my son at play in a park with his airplanes and on the play equipment.  As you can tell I was also completing challenges from Echo Park.  I am liking their designs and papers as they are fresh and easy to use with masculine pages.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!