Saturday, November 4, 2017

Delightful Birthday Card


We recently had a birthday at our house!  My husband Greg is another year older.  Here is the card I created for him!


 I decided to play along with Your Next Stamp’s Sketch and Color Challenge with their delightful Perfect Chemistry stamp and die set.  (Pun intended!)

I started by stamping the light bulb image in Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black and heat embossing it with clear embossing powder.  A bit of Memento Luxe Gray Flannel colored the metallic portion of the light bulb.  His tongue is colored with Memento Dual Tip markers in Lady Bug.  Fireworks in Dandelion was perfect to color the rest of the image.  I scored a starburst pattern into a section of white cardstock then used a small paintbrush to highlight the scored lines with the same Fireworks Dandelion.

The back section is the plus sign stamped in Delicata Ruby Red.  The sentiment is also stamped in Delicata Ruby Red on a hand trimmed banner.  All three sections are edged in Delicata Sapphire Blue.  The light blue is Fireworks Summer Sky sponged onto the cardstock with an Ink Blusher. 




1 comment:

  1. Such a colorful and fun card - the embossing looks great. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!