Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Welcome Autumn Wooden Sign



“What wood you do?” is our challenge for the month at Imagine and my project is featured today!  I choose to create a new wooden sign to celebrate the coming of autumn.  In the process, I discovered that All Purpose Ink is a great stain for a porous wood surface.  A leaf stencil supplies the design, a fun tall and skinny alphabet stamp and StazOn ink makes quick work of a darling home décor sign. For what it is worth, remember that two-sided signs allow you to have a practice run at color choices and placement of images; when it is hanging by your door no one will be the wiser!   With a few supplies you can try your hand at creating a something new for your home. 

Level:  Beginner
Time:  30 minutes 

Step 1
Place stencil over wood sign and ink with All Purpose ink.  Place ink blusher over opening and gently tip bottle to add ink to the ink blusher.  Apply the API through the stencil.  I always start with the lightest color first, in this case Lemon Yellow.

 
Step 2 
Apply different colors like Tangerine through the stencil.  The API will still be slightly wet and will blend nicely.  The project can be set aside to dry or the process can be sped up with a heat tool.


Step 3
Move stencil and add additional colors to the scheme like Red Delicious.


Step 4
As you continue to move the stencil and ink more leaves you can use ink that is on the stencil to create new blends of fall colors.


Step 5
Determine placement and stamp sentiment with StazOn ink, I used Blazing Red.  Set aside to dry.  


Step 6
Not being satisfied I decided a bit of color around the edges would finish off the rustic look of the sign, Autumn Leaf API was the perfect choice.

Now I have a new sign to hang at my front door for the autumn season!

Imagine

Other
Plaid—Leaf Stencil
Art Warehouse—Tall and Skinny Alpha
Sierra Pacific Crafts wood sign


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!