Thursday, June 15, 2017

Vintage Planes for Father's Day




Time to make another Father’s Day card as we celebrate on Sunday! I was inspired by the Off the Edge challenge and pulled out my Carta Bella Adventure is Out There stamp set and the matching Vintage Airplane Stencil.  With a little Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa on both the image and through the stencil I created a cohesive look. What is fun about a stencil is I could make the planes go the opposite direction from the stamped image.  In all honesty, I stenciled the images and then decided to redo the process so I could leave room for the sentiment.  The sentiment is an old Studio G set and is stamped in Memento Luxe Nautical Blue.  The airplane image is heat embossed with clear embossing powder and die cut with the matching die.  After mounting the plane image on the blue cardstock I added the dotted ribbon to ground the plane.  Before adhering the front panels to the card base I sponged Memento Luxe in Nautical Blue and Rich Cocoa around the edges to contrast the card front. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Quirky Crafts Challenges  Things with wings
The Male Room #62 Off the Edge Enter on 6/20!
Crafting by Design Things with wings
City Crafter #366 Frame It!
Tuesday Throwdown #347 For the Men
Always Fun Challenges #10 For the Male or Dad
Cards in Envy You’re the Man

7 comments:

  1. A super card, very stylish, very masculine. Thanks for sharing at Quirky Crafts
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card. Love the details and digi colors. Thanks for your entry in this week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Have a crafty day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super aviation themed card. Love the top aeroplane perching on the edge. Thanks for playing at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card for our things with wings challenge over at Quirky crafts,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet airplanes! Love the stenciling. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I love all of the airplanes!! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun Challenges! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine make. Thanks for joining us at Quirky Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!