Sunday, April 23, 2017

McKenzie River Campout with DCWV and Imagine




My layout is featured over at Imagine on the blog today, honoring Earth Day!  Wahoo!

What fun times we had when we stayed a tiny campground along the McKenzie River last fall.  When I received the Die Cuts with a View Adventurer paper collection I knew exactly what event I planned to scrap, it was just a matter of selecting the photos to get started.  I tend scrap events in two-page layouts, so I started with olive green cardstock with the yellow Bright Textured cardstock to back the photos.  Working from the photo colors I choose the plaid blue and green design and two journal cards from the collection.  One of the papers had fun adventurer circles that worked perfectly to die cut and use as additional embellishments.  Once all of my selections were made and the design was decided, I marked off the area for the title and removed all the papers.  The “Campout” was stamped in Memento Northern Pine.  “McKenzie River” was stamped in Versa Mark and heat embossed with Copper Embossing Powder, which matched perfectly with the pre-embossed journal card and the circle embellishments.  An ink blusher was used to ink the edges of all the papers with Memento Northern Pine before the layout was adhered together.

Imagine

Other
DCWV Adventurer Collection and Bright Textured cardstock
Making Memories Foam Stamps Philadelphia
Technique Tuesday Farmhouse Large
Spellbinders Small Circles

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!