Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thank You!


We have a sketch to work with this go around at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge.  Come join along and create your own card to share with us!



I recently had a birthday and need a few thank you cards to send out.   



So I grabbed one of my oldest stamps purchased at Michaels in about 1994 that is actually a Rollagraph Thank You stamp to create a background.  I rolled it at an angle using Memento Potters Clay ink to ink it up.  Searching through my left-over scraps I found a strip of paper inked Kaliedacolor Tomato Vine that I pressure embossed with Sizzix’s Thank you embossing folder.  After sanding the color off to pop out the image in white I trimmed it to fit the card.  Another scrap of specialty paper is layered underneath.  Another left-over bit was colored with All Purpose Inks in Black Pearl and Chocolate is stamped with Distinctive Impressions Thank You (1995) image in Memento Potters Clay.  The edges are also inked in Potters Clay using an Ink Blusher.  After adhering the layers together, it is ready to be sent out!

Do come and play along with us at Retro Rubber!  Remember to use a stamp that is at least a year old and state how long you have owned the lovely image!   

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:


7 comments:

  1. Hey Neva, so clever, i love all the different ways of saying thank you and the way you have used all different techniques and textures to make the layers, super clever. And I love the soft colour palette. Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did indeed have a birthday this week! I hope you had a special day and got some really fun gifts. Your card will let your family and friends know how much you truly loved them!! The colors and textures are wonderful. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Neva: I love, love that background you created with all the images saying Thank You in all of those languages. Your focal image is also beautiful, awesome to see this words from around the world, specially now a days.
    Wishing you and your family, a very beautiful Thanksgiving Day.
    XO
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neva, I always love coming by your blog to see all your old stamps! You really have quite a collection. And you showcase them so well!! Love the multitude of thank you sentiments as well as the color combination. Well done, teammate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Neva! I think this card is super creative - you really have to look to see all the details that you so effortlessly put on a card! Lovely colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neva, love the stamps you used on your card....so neat to see all the languages on how to say Thank you. Love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very striking! The layers, the colors, the layout, the stamping, looooooove it all! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!