Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Be Thankful and a color challenge


I must say that the year is zipping by and it is already almost Thanksgiving!  This is the inspiration for our challenge at Retro Rubber for the next two weeks.  Be thankful! And use the photo for your color inspiration.


I recently purchased a fun die from Cottage Cutz that is the Cornecopia.  That was the start for my card, but then came the Retro Rubber inspiration to use a really old Fiskars burlap roller from about 1998, plus Unity Stamp Company’s  . . . today I am Thankful set from October 2014.



Step One:
Ink burlap roller stamp with Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves and roll over white card stock.  Trim to A7 size and round corners.

Step Two:
Ink Unity Stamp Company’s  . . . today I am Thankful sentiment in Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle, stamp on white cardstock, and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  Die cut with Spellbinders Labels Eleven and ink edges with an Ink Blusher and Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle.

Step Three:
Die cut white cardstock with Cornucopia from Cottage Cutz.  Identify each tiny piece and shade to Pastels chalk.  This was the quickest and easiest way to color and shade the tiny pieces. 

Step Four:
Assemble the card by adhering burlap stamped background to A7 size Kraft card base.  Adhere the Cornucopia pieces together with repositionable Xyron adhesive.  I ended up moving them around before I was totally satisfied!  Apply permanent adhesive to the completed composition and adhere to the card from.  Adhere sentiment with dimensional foam adhesive. 

Please do join us in this challenge and share your creation with us at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge.  
Remember to use at least one stamp that is more than a year old and share how long you have had it and to enter 10 or fewer challenges.

6 comments:

  1. Love that burlap roller stamp Neva, awesome way to create a great background. That die is pretty special too, I need to investigate that... Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neva, the Cornucopia die is amazing, love the soft colors you chose for each piece.
    Beautiful golden sentiment, I love what it says.
    Awesome card!!
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a cornecopia of delights, Neva! Love the burlap background image and your use of pastels for the smaller detailed images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty pastel of colors! The cornucopia is very cool! I hadn't seen that before. And the sentiment is perfect for the holidays. Very pretty card, Neva!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought was soft and gentle! I love that you used pastel colors for your cornucopia! But the burlap is the best! I love that it was the perfect backdrop for your images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and detailed. Love the sentiment and stamping too!❤️ The colors are so perfect here.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!