We have a wonderful challenge at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges, Celebrate Women’s Day. When this challenge was chosen I knew exactly what image I wanted to use for the focal point of my card, a silhouette of a woman’s face by Judikins that I have owned for probably 18-20 years. Isn’t she lovely on this Mother’s Day card? Mother’s Day will soon be celebrated across the pond in the UK, but we still have more than two months before it is celebrated in the US. Please mom, don’t look! You will spoil your surprise!
1. The aforementioned Judikins silhouette of a woman’s face is stamped on Art Quest Pure Mica Embossing Tiles in Imagine Crafts Brilliance Starlight Black and heat embossed with detail jet black embossing powder.
2. Using a water brush and a ruler, washi paper is torn to 4 ¾” x 6 ¼”, then it is set aside to dry.
3. Light pink card stock is die cut with Spellbinders Carnation Creations (one of my first flower dies) and stamped with the matching Heartfelt Creations Carnation Florals 2 Pre-cut set in Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
4. The flowers were spritzed with water, crumpled and shaped then set aside to dry.
5. Light pink card stock is die cut with Heartfelt Creations Fluer Border and Pockets, one of my latest additions to my HC stash. I was able to carefully line up two separate dies to create a one-piece die cut. Small black pearls were added to the centers of the small flourishes.
6. A strip of burlap is adhered to the background die cut, with a section of 1/8” dark pink ribbon adhered over the center of the burlap.
7. Spellbinders Petite Ovals small is die cut from light pink card stock and pressure embossed. Before the die is removed Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid is sponged in the center of the die cut with an ink blusher. The ink is set with a heat gun.
8. Hero Arts CL498 “Happy Mother’s Day” is stamped in Brilliance Starlight Black and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
9. The washi paper, background die cut, and silhouette face are adhered to a Kraft card stock base in 6 Bar size. The edge of the Pure Mica Embossing tile is secured under the background die cut.
10. A scrap bit of shear pink ribbon is tied in a loop with 1/8” dark pink ribbon and adhered to the card base with glue dots.
11. The flowers are assembled with brads (as there are holes in the centers) and pearls are adhered over the tops of the brads. The flowers are adhered into place with glue dots.
12. Recollections Adhesive Faux Pearls are dissected and added to the sentiment die cut and along the bottom section.
13. The sentiment is adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.
I am really pleased with how bits and pieces came together to create this lovely card. It was fun to use items from my stash, silhouette image, washi paper and Pure Mica Embossing Tiles, that I have owned for at least 18 years! Paper crafting supplies never go out of style! Make your own creation and share it with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges.
· Imagine Crafts: Brilliance Starlight Black and Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid, ink blusher.
· Heartfelt Creations: Carnation Florals 2 Pre-cut set (retired), Fluer Borders and Pockets die.
· Spellbinders: Carnation Creations, Petite Ovals Small
· Hero Arts CL498 clear sentiment set
· Art Quest Pure Mica Embossing Tiles
· Misc: 6 Bar Kraft card stock base, light brown washi paper, light pink card stock, burlap ribbon, 1/8” dark pink satin ribbon, 1” shear pink ribbon, faux pearls, brads, clear and detail jet black embossing powder, die cut machine, embossing mat, water brush.
I am delighted to share this card with the following challenges. A few of them were a great inspiration of what to pull out and add to the process of creating this card.
Crafty Cardmakers #156 For the Special Woman
Fussy & Fancy, Something Old (washi paper), Dreamy & Delicate, Vintage