Wednesday, September 30, 2015

An Easel Card for a Girly Thanks Ruby's Rainbow Challenges #114


The theme at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges for the next fortnight is to create an easel style card.  Please go check out the Blog for the wonderful creations of the design team.



For my shaped easel card I started with Spellbinders Labels Eight.  The largest size die is perfect for a 12” length of card stock.  The DCWV card stock was scored at 4”, 6”, and 8” and folded to create the card base.  The die is laid just outside the top edge as to not cut through all the layers.  Since this is a heavier card stock I needed to remove the die and cut from the opposite side as well.

The accent layers are cut from Basic Grey’s Mint Julep line, Charmaine and Ethyl patterned card stock.  It is two sided so reverse sides were used for successive layers.  Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 die cuts the fancy labels.  The top two layers have a window die cut through the center to highlight the sentiment.  The sentiment is by Inkadinkado in the Thanks set.  Is is stamped in Colorbox Hunter Green.  The layers are adhered together with a combination of dimensional and regular adhesive.

For the interior of the card I used a label cut from the front frame to anchor two of the flowers.  All the flowers are from various Prima sets and a brad holds them together before they are adhered with glue dots. 

I learned a quick tip making this card . . . the darker pink frame was originally die cut from the opposite side.  But I was not satisfied with the layering look.  So I placed the die cut back in the die and ran it back through the machine with the tan embossing mat to reverse the edges.  Worked perfectly to reshape the die cut!

Please come join us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges and share you own creation of an easel card!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Cuttlebug Mania No Squares   All die cuts were cut on my trusty Cuttlebug!

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful card, dearie!

    Hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty papers. Very nice xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colours on your easel card

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!