Thursday, March 12, 2015

Best Buddies Layout


My most frequent format for scrapbook layouts is a double page layout with multiple photos.  So a single page layout is not the norm, but was definitely fun!  I decided to play along with Stuck on U Sketches and completed this sketch.


 I used the large DCWV Pet Stack for all of the patterned cardstock in this layout.  About a year ago I found a package of KI Memories bones 12” x 12” die cut overlays that is layered over the base cardstock.  The circle is cut with Cutter Bee Curvy Cutter, I love that I can cut a 12” diameter circle, but this one is 10” cut from DCWV blue card stock.   A few other scraps from the Pet stack add the additional layers.  

 
 The title is Thickers Black Tie Velvet stickers colored with Craft Chalks.  The “forever” sentiment is from Technique Tuesday “Words We love” set stamped in Tsukineko Memento Luxe Rick Cocoa on coordinating brown card stock.  

  
I discovered I actually had three photos that I wanted to include and a bit of journaling so I decided to add a Foto Flap by Outdoors and More.  I will cut a slit in the page protector to allow the interactive flap to move. 

The final touches are a few paw die cuts and bone paper clips from my stash.  The layout is a little busier than my usual style but I do like how it turned out! 

5 comments:

  1. HI great layout, I love all the layers and the flap, brilliant take on our sketch. Thank you for joining us at STUCK ON U SKETCHES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch Neva. Beautiful photo's - loving the Foto Flap idea. Great choice of papers too. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flap! Such a great way to make room for important stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! Sometimes the important stuff needs to be hidden, or they just isn't enough room! LOL

      Delete
  4. Super cute layout capturing the story of a boy and his dog. I love how you used paw prints in place of the hearts in the sketch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!