Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Seashore Thinking of You Guest Designer at Crafting By Designs


I am very excited to once again be a Guest Designer for Crafting by Designs today.  I selected the theme of "Thinking of You" a month ago with the intent to make a card for my friend, but instead it is a "Thinking of You" card for her adult son.  This the third of five cards created for my dear friend's family who passed away on Feb 16th.  It has been excellent therapy for me to release some of my grief by crafting and blogging about her home going to Jesus.  It is my prayer to live my life as well as she did!



I am not sure what company made the seashore image, perhaps Stamp Cabana?  It is stamped in Tsukineko Tuxedo Black and colored with craft chalks.  This is a quick and easy way to create a blended multi-colored scene.  The inner frame is golden yellow card stock die cut with Spellbinders Scalloped Petite Ovals Small.  The top layer of royal blue card stock is die cut with Spellbinders Petite Ovals Small then pressure embossed with Darice Plaid embossing folder.  The top layer is adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.

The Unity sentiment is stamped in StazOn Tuxedo Black on re-purposed packaging.  The image is fussy cut and mounted to the top layer with a glue dot under the cork.  I think it looks remarkably like a glass bottle found on the seashore although maybe not as scratched up!

Please come on by Crafting by Designs and enter your own "Thinking of You" card!

The color inspiration for this card is the challenge and photograph at Chocolate Baroque.  Thank you!  It is entered into their challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! A serene and calming scene.
    Thank you playing along in Chocolate Baroque’s 8th Colour Challenge.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely scene, and great card layout. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!