Saturday, December 6, 2014

Happy Anniversary to my Dear Husband


I have a wonderful holiday to celebrate this week!  It is the Tenth Anniversary of my marriage to my Dear Husband, Greg.  It has been a wonderful journey as my best friend and our children continually bless me.  We have gone through transitions with our business, my employment, the adoption of two great kids from Russia, the purchase of a new home, and sending a daughter off to college.

To celebrate this Anniversary I have created a clean and simple card inspired by a sketch and a few other challenges.

 

How To:

1.     I started with a Halcraft 6-Bar cream (my version of Very Vanilla) card base.  I have a stash of these to start a quick cards.
2.     Brown (an interpretation of Baked Brown Sugar) card stock was trimmed to 4 ¾” x 6 ¼”.   Using Spellbinders Grand Ovals 5 the center for the brown card stock was removed.  Then the brown card stock was pressure embossed with Darice Damask Background embossing folder. 
3.     Using a scrap of red (perhaps almost Cherry Cobbler?) cardstock I die cut Spellbinders Grand Ovals 4 and 6 together to make an inner oval frame.
4.     Using the same red card stock the Quickutz by LifeStyle Crafts Heart Doily was die cut.  This is a tricky die that needs to be run through the machine a number of times, then the holes poked out of the Doily.  However the finished product is lovely!
5.     The red oval inner frame is adhered to the brown card stock and then to the front of the card.
6.     The “Happy Anniversary” sentiment from Boxer Scrapbooking is stamped in Tsukineko Versa Magic Sahara Sand.
7.     Searching through my stash I found three suitable charms.  Artistic Wire 26 gauge in Gold was wound around a handy cup to shape the circle.  The charms are threaded onto the wire.  A few strategic glue dots hold the wire and charms in place. 
8.     The Heart Doily is adhered with carefully trimmed dimensional foam to add a little dimension.

This card was inspired by the following challenges:


Thank you for stopping by! 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the heart and the charms! Happy Anniversary to both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be on Thursday, which is jam packed with other events!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely anniversary card! It is so nice to find special items in our stash for that extra special card... just adore the charms. Thanks for including the PPA color challenge in your stamping fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful anniversary card! Love the cut out heart! So glad you joined us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your tenth anniversary. A lovely card for your hubby. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this challenge and hope to see you again
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking creation. Love the metal around the heart. Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments. Merry Christmas!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!