Thursday, October 2, 2014

TBT My 15 Seconds of Fame!


We all have a time in our lives when things are not going our way, finances, health, job stuff, relationships . . . whatever God has us dealing with in our journey.  I had suffered a close-head brain injury in late fall of 1994 that lead to a series of these kinds of issues.  I was very fortunate that I had an extremely supportive family and crafting!!!!  During my two plus year recovery I discovered rubber-stamping and quickly became addicted to the joy of playing with ink and paper and such.  Within 3 years my sister got me hooked into scrapbooking the archival way--think Creative Memories.
In the summer and fall of 1997 I was published twice.  (See my crafting resume.)  This scrapbook page documents the joy and fun I had with my card being published in Somerset Studios.  This was truly a bright spot in my life during a time when many other things were very difficult.  I am so thankful that I found my creative side as it continues to serve me well through the years.  

As you can tell I liked Border Buddies and using pens to frame my layouts.  I complemented the layout with a stamping sneeze of stamped rubber stamps.  The title is the sign from First Impressions and the sub-title is Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers alphabet.  I loved this crazy font and used it frequently, one letter at a time mounted on wooden pegs.  A copy of the card that was sent in for publication also adorns the page.  A few cringe worthy aspects are the deckled scissors used to cut a photo and the shaped corner rounders, but hey that was the style in 1997! 

Crafting of many kinds over the ages has served mankind well.  Art, music, and crafting feeds the soul!  May God bless you in this journey we call life!
   

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!